Students :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.
A forum for Shannon's students. 
Just remembering
Posted by: Olivia Hoermann ()
Date: November 19, 2010 04:21AM

Wow, it is hard to believe so much time has passed and I don't think there is a time that I can think of not thinking about Shannon. I graduated Penn State with my B.S. in chemistry and I am currently working towards my PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Vermont.

It is funny to think that I have suffered through the same classes that Shannon did (except she found some weird joy in physics, that I did not seem to share with her) and I realized that she has always been my driving force to get through those things...

I know I don't write a lot, but I just wanted to share that I do think of Shannon often and remember her enthusiasm she had for teaching and life. And even when the going does get though..I will never sit it out, and I will dance.

Forever,
Olivia Hoermann

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just remembering
Posted by: Shannons Mom ()
Date: November 27, 2010 07:07AM

You will always be special to me and I know you were to Shannon. It is so amazing to think you are working on a PhD. I am so proud of you and i know Shannon would be as well. Just to think that you still remember her and that she can be an inspiration to you after all this time... i know that her life, although short, was not in vain. I pray you will have a wonderful successful happy life and that you will ALWAYS dance... and thank you for remembering. You have no idea how much it means/ Thank you..

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.