Students :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.
A forum for Shannon's students. 
So Many Moments
Posted by: Olivia Hoermann ()
Date: March 04, 2013 05:51PM

I just wanted to check in, as I often want to. It is funny to read my old posts and read what was going on in my life then. So many things have changed! I am still studying and researching at UVM. However, I am no longer working towards my PhD in organic chemistry. I decided that my true passion in life is to be a life long learner and to instill that passion/motivation/desire in others. So I am currently working towards my Masters in Organic Chemistry and my Masters in Arts and Teaching. When I am done here in the next year I will make my way towards teaching high school chemistry at a high needs High School.

I think of Shannon every day and think about how blessed I am to have had someone as inspirational in my life. I hope that I can be half the teacher she was to me.

I hope all is well with you!

xoxo,
Olivia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So Many Moments
Posted by: Shannons mom ()
Date: June 24, 2013 03:04AM

Hi Olivia,
We have been having some problems with this website, so i am thinking of moving to a facebook page instead. I am sure you will be an amazing teacher!! Shannon would be so proud. I just came back from NH last week to once again give out another scholarship. I hope i can continue to do that for a long time, but there will never be one quite like the one we gave to you... you were her student and knew her. THe students now only hear about her from the other science teachers, and it is not quite the same. I am glad you are doing well and thnk you for posting. I wish you the best in your future and you will be awesome at whatever you decide to do. Thank you for remembering Ms Kiernan.. it means alot to all of us!
Shannons Mom

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.