Students :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.
A forum for Shannon's students. 
I never could foget
Posted by: Lauren Imke ()
Date: February 14, 2007 12:40AM

It has taken me this long to write anything about Miss Kiernan not because I dont want to but I feel it is impossible to put words to how I feel about her. Even now I just feel so inadequate but my reasoning for writing this is because I want her family to know that I have not forgotten her. When I met you Mrs. Guido, you looked me in the face after we had just hugged and said to me "Please just don't forget her." At the time I couldn't even speak but right now I want you to know that I could never forget; no one could forget. I remember her everyday. I took her picture with me to college and her voice rings over and over in my head. Every now and then I pull out my physics binder just to read her word problems and laugh about how funny she was and remember how much she helped me to actually enjoy physics. Right now my major is special education and in class a couple of weeks ago we were asked to remember the teachers that helped to make us passionate about becoming a teacher ourselves. Immediately the spunky beautiful Miss Kiernan came to my mind. My whole life I knew that I wanted to teach but almost every teacher had shown me what I didnt want to be like. Miss Kiernan set the standard and I hope that I can come close. What made her a great teacher was not what she learned in college it was the kind of person she was. She was a woman of great character. Someone that wasn't just my teacher but was my friend. Im sure that the words I speak are the same for many. I also want her family to know that I have not forgotten to pray for you. I will continue to pray as Im sure these few days are especially difficult.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand,and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 14-16 Just reminded me of her smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I never could foget
Posted by: Shannons Mom ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:59AM

Shannon was the light of my life so your scripture is perfect... And i do remember asking you to never forget her. SOmehow, knowing that she will continue to live on in the memories of all of those she had touched, is comforting. I couldnt bear to think that a year from now, no one would remember her. It would feel like her life was in vain. And Shannon was a person of great virtue and character. She truly valued the things in life that were important.. never cared about material things and wealth was not important to her in the least. People were important to her, animals and nature were important to her. ANd i know that those lessons were imparted to her students more than the physics.

I often think that life is not about the quantity but about the quality.. And shannon had quality.. She was happy, she never knew illness or pain... she had a loving family, wonderful friends, a career that made a difference.. I just wish there had been more. She was too young to die She still had much to accomplish.

I feel your prayers... I am struggling to keep my faith and know that shannon is safe and happy and that i will be with her again some day...

Date: February 14, 2008 01:00AM

I still have not forgotten and I am still praying for you. Please don't loose faith. There is so much joy in living for someone as loving and mighty as God. There is also so much peace in knowing that He has a purposes for things that we may never understand. Life is like a Tapestry, its above our heads and we see the bottom that just looks like various colors and strings of yarn woven together in a nonsensical He'll be there if you look to Him for comfort. Seek Him out and you will find Him. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Date: February 14, 2008 01:03AM

I still have not forgotten and I am still praying for you. Please don't loose faith. There is so much joy in living for someone as loving and mighty as God. There is also so much peace in knowing that He has a purposes for things that we may never understand. Life is like a Tapestry, its above our heads and we see the bottom that just looks like various colors and strings of yarn woven together in a way that does not make sense to us but is a beautiful and perfectly clear picture to God on the other side. He'll be there if you look to Him for comfort. Seek Him out and you will find Him. You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

PS Sorry this is posted twice I sent the first on accident before it was done : )

Posted by: shannons mom ()
Date: March 03, 2008 09:55PM

I have not lost faith, although it is still difficult to believe she is gone..i pray that we will one day be together again and that is what helps me through..
Thank you for remembering..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.