10 Years
Posted by: chriscorm10 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 06:20PM

Growing up everyone always said that time flies; things happen, life changes, you meet new people and go new places and before you realize you can barely recognize you life as it is.

That is how I feel today....

I received a text message earlier today from my friend Jenelle asking if I could believe that it has been 10 years since Ms. Kiernan passed away and then it hit me like a sack of bricks--I could not believe it had been that long, I could not believe that it had been years since I last thought of Shannon. Life just got the best of me, and time played its ever lasting trick.

I remember Ms. Kiernan had the class write letters to our future selves, I cannot recall how far in the future we were writing to, but the concept at the time seemed silly. After realizing how long had passed, this assignment got me thinking how different my life is now. How wonderful would it be to sit down with Shannon and read that letter I wrote and laugh about how different life is.

I feel ashamed that I have failed to think of Ms. Kiernan for such a long time, and after visiting this forum I see that the last time I wrote was 6 years ago when I was about to graduate college. I have been back to Winnacunnet numerous times, for graduations, to visit teachers or for various events and it has changed so much. Its interesting to think how the school would be today if Shannon was still there teaching.

I hope all has been well with her family and friends, and I apologize for getting so caught up in life. I still have the newspaper article about her accident in my things--it has traveled with me over the years, through multiple apartments, and numerous states so in a way her memory has and always will be with me.

I hope you are resting easy Ms. Kiernan, you are truly missed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.